Saturday, July 18, 2009

It'll Grow Back

The last few months Annabelle's hair has been driving me crazy. It makes her really sweaty at night, she sucks on it, she is always getting food in it, and she hates me to put it up which make the problems happen all the time.

I decided that today would be the day to get it cut short (it had Popsicle juice in it and she was sucking on it-gross!). I had an idea of her hair short, somewhere between shoulder and chin length. It is funny how the hairdresser always has their own idea of how they will cut the hair and they just go for it. With my hair I enjoy this, I hate making choices and I feel that my hairdresser knows better than I do. But watching my little girl's locks of hair falling (more than 6 inches) was hard for me. When the guy (yes a guy) asked me how much stacking I wanted in the back I knew I had made a mistake. Oh well, it WILL grow back. Annabelle loves it (and she REALLY didn't want to cut her hair) and I like it, it is just shorter than I imagined.

Trying to take a picture was harder than I thought. I got three with her eyes closed, one with her trying to keep her eyes open and then the last one. Doesn't she look like a different little girl?!

10 comments:

Webster Family said...

WOW! She does look totally different now! Beautiful but not the same Annabelle that I remember. I know that I will face this dilemma soon--Eliza's hair already makes me batty--not looking forward to it. But tell Annie she looks fantastic!

Jodi Jo said...

Wow! She looks totally different! It is so cute though.

Whitney said...

She looks darling!

Teri said...

I think it's so cute! I love little girls with that haircut, it's adorable.

Anniebanannie said...

I love the haircut. I think it is so cute on little girls this age. it makes their hair look thicker.

Anonymous said...

I thought she was looking especially smashing at church today! You'll probably love how easy it is!

Tracy said...

Annie - you look so grown up!!! no! no! no! I love your new haircut though and I bet you can brush it all yourself! fun! nana

Amy Jones said...

So cute! I totally know what you mean, though. I had a tough time watching 3 inches get lopped off of Lindy's head once. Sad.

I hope her new "do" makes your life a little easier.

Jason and Kristin said...

With the pig tails at church she still looked like herself but seeing it all down she really does look different...older.

Erin said...

Wow, it is so different, I love it!! She looks so cute and it's fun. Does she love it?