Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day


I think I did a little too much for "Leprechaun Day" last year, but luckily my kids are still not that observant and they seemed to enjoy what I did manage to pull off. Nate came home from school on the 16th wanting to make a trap for the leprechaun. He, Ryan and a friend got to work and I got to relax (I love that they are getting old enough to do things on their own). I went to a Relief Society meeting and when I got home the trap wasn't set up, but I just didn't want to worry about it and Greg said Nate wasn't worried about it.
The kids woke up to things a little green and while they didn't love the idea of Green Eggs and Ham, they did enjoy the plates and necklaces the leprechaun left. Oh, and the green M&Ms which Annabelle snuck later that day and ate A LOT by herself). I though we were done with the whole celebration, but when Nathan got home he informed us that Leprechauns come tonight as well and needed to work on his trap again. I let him go for it and this is what he made:
The leprechaun will walk up the crayon ladder because he will see a quarter at the top. Then he will see a sign that says, "Don't touch the gold" and see a pot of real money (we used chocolate last year) across the top of the box. BUT, it really isn't the top of the box, it is a false top and the leprechaun will fall through the lid. He is supposed to bring the caught leprechaun to school tomorrow. I am not sure what will happen, but I hope he isn't disappointed by whatever happens.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Well, what happened??!! I loved the trap - very ingenious. love nana

Amy Jones said...

He really is ingenious! :)