Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools




Thanks to Family Fun magazine and all of their fun ideas, we had "Eggs and Fakin'" for breakfast. The kids love eggs and bacon and so they all came to the table quickly. But they were not so easily fooled and enjoyed their candy food. The eggs are made from melted white chocolate and an M&M. The bacon is made from a tootsie roll and a caramel.
I had some leftovers so I gave them to my preschool kids. They thought is was pretty funny. It was interesting how the kids who are the oldest children in their family didn't really know what April Fools was, but by the end of preschool I think they had all told me I had a spider on my head at least 5 times (each). They loved it when I would yell a little and slap the "spider" away from my head. Hooray for a day of teasing!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I love the family fun magazine! I saw that idea and thought it was so cute, they turned out great!

Webster Family said...

Hilarious! I tried to think of something but couldn't think of anything. And I didn't think calling and telling M & D that we weren't coming would be that funny! Way to be a cool mom!

Jason and Kristin said...

Good job. I so wanted to do something fun and good mother like but the day just got too crazy. The eggs and fakin looked great. I'll have to remember that for next year.

Kira said...

Looks like it was a good preschool year. Man, the kids have changed so much already. I'm still, sad I missed out on it.
The eggs and fakin is such a fun idea! Take care!