This year, for obvious reasons, we bummed around town for spring break. I tried to make things fun and exciting, but thanks to multiple ear infections and allergies we didn't get to do as much as I had hoped.


Besides doctor appointments we spent a morning at the library picking out books to hopefully last the week. Nathan picked out 6 chapter books-he loves mysteries right now and read two before the day was over. I am pretty sure that he has read them all by now. Ryan even picked some books that he could read-he is getting really good! We also visited a local museum. I had taken the cub scouts there before Nathan was in the group so it was our first time and Nathan had a blast doing the scavenger hunt and earning a patch. I loved how Annie and Ryan ran from one thing to the next, but Nathan was really into learning about the displays. Their favorite room was the rock and mineral room-it had some amazing specimens and the Wild West room where the boys got to go inside an old jail cell (I wish I could have left them there :).


We also made it to a jumping place and the kids all had fun running around, sliding, and jumping on huge blow up toys. Too bad I forgot my camera.
I decided to have scouts even though it was spring break and had 7 out of 10 boys show up. We made kites and it was a lot trickier than I thought it would be. But once the boys all got outside I think they had fun trying to fly their works of art.
We finally got some sunshine on Thursday and so we spent some time outside. We went to the park and rode bikes out front. While it did cause some itchy eyes and runny noses, it was nice to be outside for a bit.


The kids love taking pictures and I let Ryan take a few as the kids played nicely. We are hoping to get new couches sooner than later so I hope they will be able to remember the new rules about the new couches. We have pretty much let them do whatever to these old ones.
Here is me, so happy after a 6+ hour date with Greg. You never know when the baby will decide to make her appearance so we got out for a full day together. We made it to the temple, out to lunch and even saw a movie. We came home to happy kids and a pretty clean house.
I can't say it was the most exciting spring break, and I am ready to send the kids back to school, but I think we all had a little fun and didn't drive each other too crazy.

Besides doctor appointments we spent a morning at the library picking out books to hopefully last the week. Nathan picked out 6 chapter books-he loves mysteries right now and read two before the day was over. I am pretty sure that he has read them all by now. Ryan even picked some books that he could read-he is getting really good! We also visited a local museum. I had taken the cub scouts there before Nathan was in the group so it was our first time and Nathan had a blast doing the scavenger hunt and earning a patch. I loved how Annie and Ryan ran from one thing to the next, but Nathan was really into learning about the displays. Their favorite room was the rock and mineral room-it had some amazing specimens and the Wild West room where the boys got to go inside an old jail cell (I wish I could have left them there :).
We also made it to a jumping place and the kids all had fun running around, sliding, and jumping on huge blow up toys. Too bad I forgot my camera.
I decided to have scouts even though it was spring break and had 7 out of 10 boys show up. We made kites and it was a lot trickier than I thought it would be. But once the boys all got outside I think they had fun trying to fly their works of art.
We finally got some sunshine on Thursday and so we spent some time outside. We went to the park and rode bikes out front. While it did cause some itchy eyes and runny noses, it was nice to be outside for a bit.
The kids love taking pictures and I let Ryan take a few as the kids played nicely. We are hoping to get new couches sooner than later so I hope they will be able to remember the new rules about the new couches. We have pretty much let them do whatever to these old ones.
Here is me, so happy after a 6+ hour date with Greg. You never know when the baby will decide to make her appearance so we got out for a full day together. We made it to the temple, out to lunch and even saw a movie. We came home to happy kids and a pretty clean house.
I can't say it was the most exciting spring break, and I am ready to send the kids back to school, but I think we all had a little fun and didn't drive each other too crazy.
3 comments:
You are getting so close! You must be exhausted. That is so nice you got to get away for an afternoon. You did lots of nice things with the kids. I'm excited for you and your family. FOUR! That is BIG.
You are so funny. You started off by saying that you did not do very much for Spring Break, and then you listed a huge list of activities. I love you big sister. I can't wait to see you!
Here's to fun dates with your husband! I also love when you get to see your kids having fun, nothing better!
Post a Comment