We got a bunch of games for Christmas: Creationary, Charades, Chess & Checkers (the boys loved this one) and pictured above is Jenga. I guess Nathan has a set of these at school and prefers to build with them instead of play game, but we did play it the right way a few times.
I made this doorway puppet theater. We have had some fun and funny theatrical performances. I was hoping to buy a bunch of puppets but they are pretty expensive and so we only got a few. No worries. The kids get creative with what we have.
Like I said, the ZhuZhu pets are a hit. Notice Callie in her high chair watching the little furballs. I made these tunnels for the pets and Annabelle loved watching her little guy go through them.
We got a few Lego sets but the boys seem to like making their own designs more than the boxes, We have had this Lego table for years. It comes in and out of the basement. Every time it comes out it is a huge hit and the kids all love to play on it.
We wanted to go rollerskating/blading all week but with all of the snow and icy streets we just didn't make it. Finally on New Years Day we ventured out and were pleasantly surprised at how the rink was not crowded and the kids all did great. Well, Callie didn't love the loud noise, but we can't please everyone. I used to skate a lot as a kid. I love the feel of skating around the rink. I love the music to shake to. I love sharing this pastime with my kids.
Callie hit the 8 month mark on the 1st. I can't believe how old she is getting. She can crawl, pull herself up, and she eats just about anything. She is a pretty good sleeper at night and takes 2 wonderful naps during the day. We left her with a non-family sitter for 4 hours the other day and was told she wasn't too fussy (granted she slept for ~2hours). The kids are still smitten with her and love building towers for her to crawl over and knock down. We have lowered her crib and she loves to pull down on the bumper to see who is in the room. She is so happy and healthy and is a great finale for our family.
Greg got me a dehydrator for Christmas and we have had a lot of fun trying new things. We have done pineapple, apples, bananas, strawberries and Greg did a batch of jerky. All the kids love it and it is fun to have something new to try.
Tomorrow school and work starts. We have had 2 weeks of fun and relaxation. No homework, no deadlines, no schedules. Lots of movies, jammies, snacking, Wii games, naps and reading new books. It will take a little adjusting to get back to our busy routine, but I think we are all ready. I think Callie is going to miss everyone the most. She has loved all the attention. I have loved having freedom to get things done because there are other people to watch Callie. It was not as painful as I thought it would be. I actually enjoyed everyone and am so glad that I am married to such a fabulous man and have four wild and crazy kids. Happy 2011!!
1 comment:
Hooray!!! FINALLY a friend that also has a dehydrator! (I have been so surprised with how many don't have one). They are soooooo wonderful. We'll have to swap tips sometime.
Post a Comment