Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow

Sometimes I think I am starting to like the snow.  I DO think that it is pretty when the world around me is covered in white.  I love when the kids are all having fun together playing outside in it.  The sun was shining and it felt a little warm so I took Callie outside and she really liked the cold stuff on her tongue.  
Ryan pulled her and Annie on the sled for a little bit and I was just about starting to think that snow wasn't so bad.  Then Annabelle picked up some snow and starting looking at it, right over Callie's face and sooner than I could get to her, her face was covered with snow.  The sun went behind some clouds and it got really cold again.  We hurried inside.  And just today the kids were inside with friends running around the house and slamming doors and yelling (girls vs. boys) and I SO wished they were outside having the same battle.  So instead of liking the snow, I now detest it again.  I almost, almost was able to say I liked it.  Happy Human Right Day!

2 comments:

Tara Ann said...

I could definitely appreciate a climate that was sunny and warm all the time. Today was sunny and it made me so happy (it was still super cold, but at least the sun was out).

Amy Jones said...

I'm with you. If they could figure out a way to keep ALL of the snow in the mountains, where it looks oh so pretty, and leave me alone down here in the valley...I'd be feeling pretty content.