When Greg took Ryan to the store to see what he wanted for his birthday he said a sword before he even got to the toy aisle. And Greg said that when he saw this sword he said he really wanted it but told Greg, "I know that I won't get it because mom doesn't like swords." Well, SURPRISE! Mom is awesome and we got him the sword. He was VERY happy. All day on Nate's birthday Ryan was said because he knew he wouldn't get an ipod like Nathan. Well, luckily a couple years ago Greg had won this MP3 player (ipod to Ryan) and Ryan was ECSTATIC that he too got an ipod. He, like his brother, danced around the house all day and couldn't stop telling people what he got. While I think it is cute to see them dance around, I have already decided that I am not ready for them to have head phones on all the time so that I can't talk to them and they can't hear me.
Like Nathan, Ryan wanted me to come have lunch with him at school. Greg took the day off so I got to go without the girls (so nice!). It was cinnamon roll day so I was REALLY excited. Unfortunately the cinnamon rolls are different than last year and were a BIG disappointment. Good thing Greg and I went out to lunch afterwards! Out a recess I noticed a big difference with the first graders. I had a heard of them all around me. They were holding my hands and wanting to play with me. We played tag and went down the slide (one little girl said I was the first adult to ever go down the slide!) and played red light green light. When we finished one activity they would all (I am talking 20+kids) gather around me and ask what we were going to do next. I would just look to Ryan and tell them I was here to do whatever he wanted. Ryan loved being in charge of so many kids. More and more kids kept coming over and asking to play and I tried to not leave anyone out. It was a lot of fun running around with Ryan and his friends. When the bell rang (finally! since I was freezing!) I was happy to go and I even got a big hug from Nathan as he was coming out to recess. If you ever want to make your child's day, go have lunch with him/her at school. Spend $1.50 for lunch and 30 minutes outside and they will love you forever, or at least until you tell them "no" for something.
I was kind of sad that the boys just wanted cupcakes. It was so easy and boring. I have decided that next year we will do a big party, no matter what. Hopefully we can do them together, otherwise they will probably have to be a couple weeks apart.
These boys watched "The Adventures of Clutch Powers". None of them had seen it. It is a new Lego movie and by the looks of their faces I think they were all really into it the whole time. 7 year olds are definitely more loud and crazy than 9 year olds. It is a fun crazy, but definitely a difference.
I am glad that we were able to make the boys feel special this weekend.
2 comments:
Wow, those kids are getting so big. What's funny is that Kenadee told me tonight that I can come and have lunch with her in the cafeteria. (She must have been playing with you at recess...) Then she told me she thought it was for their birthdays. haha! Now I have to live up to your exciting birthdays. :)
Ryan - what a fun day! If you think your mom is tough about the Ipod earphones...ask her what I did with Uncle's Conor's tape player..
Post a Comment