The second Picture above shows Nathan opening the tummy and getting his goods. I got to help in Nate's class that day. Greg watched the girls so I could focus on the kids. We played a game the ladies at boot camp help me come up with. I made these little fabric hearts and each player had one. The person who was it rolled a dice and on a certain number tried to trap the hearts while the other players pulled their hearts away. It was a lot of fun,
Ryan had a lot of fun this year and loved getting lots of candy and treats. I love that he doesn't think it is too cool to wear a goofy hat.
Greg and I were able to go out on Friday night. He spent the day skiing but got home earlier than expected so we quickly called Grandma Pam and she was awesome to come down and watch the kids for a few hours. We went to Red Lobster and had a blast. There was a bit of a wait but it had been a long time since we went out to eat without Callie (November!!) that is was fun to just hang out. We walked around and talked and shopped. Once at the restaurant I saw a new side of Greg that was really cool. For the last few months he has been going out to eat more with some friends at work. It is a win-win since I don't feel bad about not making his lunch or buying nice stuff to put in his lunch and he gets to eat out and make good friends. Anyway, since he goes out more he is a lot different at a restaurant. While I used to take charge and talk to the waiter the tables have now turned and Greg takes charge and makes sure we get everything we want and need. It was really a treat to watch and I look forward to doing it more.
All in all it was a great holiday. I got flowers a little later than Valentine's Day, but that just means they were cheaper and on a day when I needed them more. I love my husband. I love my Nathan, Ryan, Annabelle and Callie. They are the best things to ever happen to me. I am truly smitten with each of them.
2 comments:
WOW! Tell Nathan his Robot is amazing. I need to do more creative things with my kids so that when they are Nate's age they can come up with stuff like that, seriously...tell him I think that is the coolest Valentine box ever. Wow! I am sitting here so floored at his creativity and then, I guess, for lack of a better word, his engineering skills...to think of it and then to design it. Amazing. Maybe he can come up with some activities for Big Bear...I just can't get over that. Well done, Nathan!!!!!
you all look great! I love Annie's heart person, Ryan's awesome hat and Bob is the coolest! I hope you find some use for him at home!!
love Nana
Post a Comment