I forgot to post these fun pictures we took over conference weekend (For more info on what conference is check out www.lds.org). On Saturday we had two soccer games but were able to spend some fun time with Uncle Jeff in between (sadly Aunt Bri was in school all day). We went to the park in between sessions and Jeff even placed a geocache with the boys. He was a good sport with our kids and wrestled, built with blocks, and even combed Rapunzel's long hair. He is going to be a great Daddy someday!
On Sunday we watched the morning session at home and then headed up to Grandma Pam's. We played with cousins, had yummy waffles for lunch and Hawaiian haystacks for dinner. After more playing we stopped in at Grandma Bev and Grandpa Wilf's. The kids were great and just sat down and read the same books they always read over there. And of course ate the candy and ice cream cones that are always offered. I love Greg's family and wish we could only see more of them (more of the wonderful people and more often).
My kids asked me why I always bring dessert when we go somewhere. And it is true, I always bring dessert. Even tonight we are going to Greg's brother's for dinner and I made dessert. The reason is I LOVE dessert. I love trying new desserts. BUT, I don't love eating it all myself and if it is there, I eat it. Let's fix that, I shouldn't eat all of it myself. So in order to try a recipe, I have to know that I will be sharing it with others so I don't have too many leftovers. Just this week, since Sunday I have made 4 desserts!! I know, seriously, I have a problem. But they have been great so far. Here are the websites I go to to get some of the yummy treats I make:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/
http://blog.bitsofeverything.com/
http://doublebatch.wordpress.com/
These last few weeks I have made a blueberry lemon buttermilk cake, decadent snickers cupcakes, salted chocolate and pecan bars, chocolate sheet cake, cowboy cookies, chocolate caramel bars and more. Oh and Rice Krispie treats; my cub scouts don't get anything too fancy, but they are a delicious. YUM!
2 comments:
I have the exact same thoughts when it comes to dessert!
It is a curse I am sure everyone is glad you have (me too!) love mom
Post a Comment