Monday, May 23, 2011

Mother's Day

 Well, I may be a week or two late posting about this, but at least I am doing it, right.  Motherhood.  What an adventure!  What a crazy, happy, sad, up and down, exhilarating, monotonous, life-changing, life-creating, amazing, exhausting, fabulous choice I made nearly 10 years ago.  
Yes, I could have chosen to be a teacher.  I always dreamed of having my own classroom and setting it up so neatly and having bookshelves and reading corners and fun name tags and a cool job chart.
BUT, I chose differently.  I chose to be a mom.  I chose to raise these amazing 4 kids to the best of my ability.  And the funny thing is, I have set up my home, made book shelves for my kids and even made a few job charts.  I love my choice.  I love being a mom.  Some days I cry and some days I laugh.  Some days I just can't imagine surviving while other days I can't imagine myself anywhere else.  These four kids have changed my life for the better.  I know I am a better person because of them.  They teach me every day.  They are so full of life and energy that sometimes I am just barely trying to keep up.  
While I hate that I don't get to see my mom nearly as much as I'd like to, my grandma arrived in town on Mother's Day and stayed with me for a couple days.  The kids had fun having another person around and I loved having an adult to chat with during the day.  Greg made the day special with a yummy breakfast of Felix French Toast and then a fabulous dinner-a lemon pasta and an oatmeal cake.  They were both fantastic and made with love.  The kids had an assortment of cards made at school and at home.  I have a HUGE card in my room that the boys made.  I love seeing it.  I will probably keep it up as long as I can.  Here are some pictures of the day.  It is definitely not easy taking pictures with so many little faces, but we try.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Tracy said...

It is hard for me too - to see you life so full and wonderful and not being there to share it. But I know you are doing well - and you know that I love you all. Can't wait to see you in June!!
Mom

Tara Ann said...

I love all of these pictures!!!! You guys look so adorable.