Flash back to Wednesday, day 6 of swim lessons, and my post about how horrible Ryan was dealing with these new swim lessons. He yelled at the coach, he peed his pants as they told him really loudly to just dive in and not worry about it. He cried before and after lessons. On the drive home Wednesday I remembered something I learned or read about or saw somewhere and decided to try it out. I talked to Ryan about his fear and how he is letting it get the better of him. I told him that he was bigger than his fear because his fear was inside him. I told him that he could beat his fear because he was bigger and stronger than it. We talked for awhile about this sort of thing and then came Thrusday lessons. I was worried when at first Ry didn't even want to get out of the car. The whole way over I had been talking again about squishing the fear and being bigger than it. He reluctantly got in the water and I don't know what happened, it just clicked. When he got out of the water he exclaimed, "I beat my fear, Mom!" I could not have been more happy. Today's lesson was even better. He did fabulous without even a tiny bit of hesitation or tears or even a scared look on his face. He beat it and I am SOOO proud of him!
Annie is a little fish. She loves to dive in the water and float on her back.
| Nathan loves to "torpedo" through the water and do the back stroke. |
Callie LOVES these duckies and always has to hold them while at the pool. She is hard to watch and keep still but she has been a trooper. Two more days.
3 comments:
Divine inspiration. Prayer did work! That is awesome. A sweet little gift of help from above.
Those little moments of inspiration remind you of the work you are doing and the help that is up there.
Ryan - you are my hero! What a great job of being tough! love nana
Post a Comment