Thursday, May 12, 2011

Swimming, Decorating, Puppet Shows and More

I haven't been that great at getting all of the pictures I take on this blog.  We have been as busy as usual.  Here are some fun pictures from the last week:
 Annabelle's hair is getting SO long!  I wish I could say the same about my hair. 
 
 
 Ryan's class did a puppet show a couple nights ago.  They have been working on it for a long time and they did a fabulous job.  Ryan played the part of the silly monkey in "Little Red Riding Hood."  Notice how many desserts he took after I told them each, "just one."
 Have I mentioned how much Callie loves babies?  She loves to walk around with them.  She isn't big enough to do this though and she usually ends up in tears since she can't hold them all and walk.  Going up the stairs with them is also tough.
 I have wanted plants in my kitchen for a long time but it was never a necessity so I just put it off.  Greg got me these for Mother's Day and I love the way it looks.
 A month ago I got mad at the kids for putting weeds in our barbecue.  They all swore they didn't do it, but I really didn't believe them.  After our trip to California Greg went out to see the BBQ and when he lifted a lid a bird flew out and start squawking at him.  Now, a couple weeks later we have little baby birds chirping away in there.  Good thing we were already planning on buying a new BBQ this year.
 
 
 
 We started private swim lessons about a week ago.  Nathan and Annabelle are doing fabulous.  I am so impressed with their progress.  Ryan on the other hand is doing worse than ever.  For some reason he has gotten REALLY scared of the water.  He yells almost the whole time, "You are killing me!"  "I am suffocating!" (not sure where he learned that word) and even "Mom, help!  I am going to die!"  It is really hard to watch, but I guess I am mean and we are pushing through.  I don't want him to be afraid of the water, and he hasn't been before, but this class is a little stricter and he can't seem to handle it.  I have tried bribing and threatening and loving and praying.  Nothing has worked so far.  Today we are going to go and buy a toy and see if that can help him be happy.  Hopefully this weekend I will have a spare hour or so to take him to the rec center and help him remember how much he loves swimming.  Until then, we have 2 more lessons this week and I am not looking forward to them.
 
We have had some beautiful weather, along with some cold and rainy days, and so we have tried to be outside a lot.  Callie loves being outside with everyone.  She loves finding dirt and rocks to put in her mouth or pulling my flowers off of their stems.  It will be a long summer, but I am really looking forward to warmer days.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

So many fun adventures - the plant look lovely! Annie - Nana had long hair in high school - not before school!Wow! love Nana