Monday, June 27, 2011

Father's Day

 
I am surrounded by amazing men in my life.  First there is my own dad, who I still call Daddy when he is around.  I love him SO much and love all that he has done for me in my life.  He is always there to talk to about things from finances to sick kids.   I just got to spend a week with him (and my mom, but more on that later), and I LOVED having him around and being able to talk with him into the night.  Next is my father-in-law who I try to call Dad as often as I can.  He is amazing.  He comes to so many events and activities for my kids and always shares his love and support for our family.  I am so grateful that we have a great relationship since my dad lives so far away.  Finally there is my handsome husband and the father of my four children.  Greg is amazing!  When the kids say things like, "You are the best dad I ever had" Greg always laughs.  But, I hope he knows how lucky those kids are to have him around.  Greg cares about his kids SO much.  He spends SO much time with them and loves teaching them new things.  For Father's Day he had them all playing, "In the manner of the adverb."  It is a game where one person goes out of the room and comes up with a scenario.  The remaining people think of an adverb.  The person comes back and tells the group to act out his scenario "in the manner of the adverb".  Our kids, even Annabelle, did AWESOME.  The came up with great skits and then acted the adverbs hilariously.  It was so fun to play a game like that with the kids.  I am so lucky that Greg is ready and willing to "babysit" our kids for the many things I want or need to do away from the home.  He NEVER complains and is always supportive of the things I do.  He tells amazing stories and has the best singing voice--both things help immensely at bedtime.  I love these men in my life and am so grateful to each one for their time, their love and their always being there in my life.

1 comment:

Tara Ann said...

These are the cutest pictures ever. It is funny to see Greg with his 4 kids piled around him-so cute. And I agree he is an amazing dad!