Annabelle went to Disneyland when she was 18 months. She doesn't remember anything, but loves to look at the pictures. She keeps asking us to go, but I don't really want to go until Callie is at least 2. When I heard about this Princess Festival nearby I know this was the answer. I got a babysitter for the boys AND Callie and with some friends we had a blast at the festival.
The carriage was so beautiful and the girls probably could have stayed there longer but it was outside of the festival and we wanted to get started on the real fun.
Annabelle wore her Rapunzel braid and the "real" Rapunzel LOVED her hair. We also met Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Alice, Tinkerbell and other fairies, The princess and the pea, Jasmine, Snow White, Peter Pan, Ariel and many more fairy tale characters. She loved getting their autographs and a picture with them. Some of the princesses had plays or songs to do for or with the girls.
I love that Annabelle loves doing things with me. When she saw the fairy cut outs above she REALLY wanted me to be in the picture. I hope she always wants me to be a part of her fun.
We were there for 4.5 hours!! The girls were having a blast but probably could have fallen asleep on this bed if we let them. AS a side note, Annabelle swore she could feel the pea when she laid on the bed. I guess she is a princess after all.
We looked all through the hedge maze to fin Alice in Wonderland. The girls were the leaders while Tomie and I trialed behind watching their excitement. We never did find Alice in the maze, but we saw her at the end.
The Princess Festival is all about service. There were some cute stories about how a princess shares her stuff with others. They had a few booths where the girls could participate in service. Annie helped tie a quilt, made a hair bow, and drew a picture for a serviceman.
All in all it was a fantastic day, and what made it all even better was the report from the baby sitter and the boys (sometimes the sitters fib a little to make me feel better but the kids always tell the truth) that Callie only cried once when she got hurt. I hope this continues and I can feel more comfortable leaving her home with a sitter.
3 comments:
That is the coolest thing ever! I've never heard of it but hope it will come our way some time!
Never heard of it. How fun!!! Where was it at?
That is so wonderful that it was about service. Since most little girls are so in love with princesses, what a great idea to show them that princesses are good at serving others. What a blast. You guys are so cute.
Post a Comment