Today we took advantage of dad working from home and went out and had fun while Callie took a nap. She makes things a little hard lately and it was really nice to just be with the older kids.
We went to Trafalga and tried our hand at laser tag. Annabelle and Nathan stayed with me the whole time but Ryan took off by himself. We passed him a couple times in the arena, but he liked the freedom. While my slow pace and being in pack made us easy targets, it was fun and something that I wouldn't even mind doing just with Greg.
The kids were SO excited to finally do the outdoor course of mini golf. We started with 4 balls. On the 2nd hole Nathan hit his into a broken part and we couldn't get it out. I gave him my ball and just walked around. Then about halfway through Ryan hit his ball into the water. It was a bit frustrating, having only 2 balls, but we made it through the course.
Finally we did bumper boats. The boys soaked me and themselves. We were drenched as we headed home, but Ryan said as we were leaving, "Mom, you didn't get mad at us at all!" I have been really trying hard with this, but I don't know if it was me or just the fact that I didn't have Callie. Oh well. I was nicer. That was better than, "Why are you always so mean?" which I got earlier in the day.
1 comment:
What do you say back when they say, "Why are you always so mean?" Maybe an honest "I am furstrated/embarrassed with your behavior/attitude/treatment of your sibling!" or "I am just reacting - which I wish I could stop, but I am learning too. Remember Moms aren't perfect either!"
love you all! Mom
Post a Comment