Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 8: S'mores in the Canyon

 A week ago we were invited to go up to the canyon to roast hot dogs and s'mores.  I had been wanting to do this all summer so I was REALLY excited to go.  At the beginning the kids were a little cranky since we had swam a couple hours earlier in the day and they were starving (not a great combo for anyone).  Luckily after we got some food into their tummies things went more smoothly.  Greg took the boys on a little "hike" while I played with the girls. 
 
 The fire took awhile to get going but when it was ready we had a lot of hungry kids around it roasting hot dogs.  My boys and Callie each ate 2 dogs while Annabelle barely ate one.  She evened things out with having at least 2 roasted marshmallows (she's not a big fan of  s'mores). 
 
 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

The pics of you guys with the kids are beautiful! and I am jealous of the smores...Nana