Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 9: Play Board Games

Our family loves games.  Card games, board games, video games, all kinds of games.  Greg and I went birthday shopping for Annabelle yesterday and Greg found two new games for our family.  One is a classic, that I have never played, called Stratego.  Greg has talked about this game a lot in our time together.  I am glad we finally own it and I will someday not have Callie climbing all over me and be able to play it.  Ryan and Nate tried to play it while Greg was at a meeting, but it was just too tricky.  Nathan and Greg played it and while Greg did end up winning, Nathan was in great spirits and seemed to have had a lot of fun.  The other games is called "Labyrinth" and I was able to play that one.  It was a lot of fun.  Our family loves making mazes and so this game was right up our alley.  I think Nathan and Ryan had only played it twice when Grandpa came over for Annie's birthday but he was amazed at how well they played it with him.
One of the cards said, "make a board game."  I think I mentioned this in an earlier post, how Nathan has made his own game.  It is AWESOME!  He has played it with some of his friends who in turn wanted to make their own game. 
 The above picture is the actual game.  You start in the green area, the meadow and roll the dice and search for hidden tools and weapons.  The picture below is his "blueprints" that helps him tell you what you find as you move around.  The other areas require things to enter them.  Like you need a jet pack to go to the clouds and a sword and flashlight to enter the jungle.  Once you are in another land you search for clues that help you find the treasure.  Sorry if that is confusing, but it is really cool if you play it.  I have been surprised how much he has thought of.  He has made another game since but I am not sure if it is 100% finished. 

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Nathan - your game is amazing - I remember you started working on it while we were there! Don't give too many secrets away!!
love nana

Tara Ann said...

That is amazing-you could make some money making games Nathan. I am so impressed with you imagination and ability to organize it into something as neat as a game. WOW! You are creative just like your mom and dad.