Saturday, August 13, 2011

Annabelle's Birthday Party

While Annie doesn't turn 5 until Sunday, we decided that Friday was the best day to do that party.  I LOVE doing birthday parties.  I love having themes and coming up with fun games and decor and all that kind of stuff.  Annabelle was a bit indecisive about what to have as her theme for her birthday this year.  So I pulled out my old scrapbook and showed her my 5th birthday party.  I had Strawberry Shortcake.  Since Annabelle still loves Strawberry herself we decided that that would be the perfect theme.  Unfortunately this was decided just a week ago and so I had to scramble to get things done.  I stayed up late many night this week getting everything ready.  While I learned a lot about what not to do, I think the girls all had fun and my sweet daughter felt really special.  
 Annabelle was so anxious all day. 6:30 just couldn't come fast enough for her.  

 First the girls picked which Strawberry Shortcake friend they wanted to be and color.  There were a lot to choose from. 
Next came "Pin the Strawberry on Strawberry Shortcake."
Then yummy Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.  It was so windy we couldn't light the candles.  I was shocked when the whole cake disappeared.  Usually we always have leftovers.
The girls were a little restless so we played some red light green light.
Next was strawberry picking.  I looked at 4 stores for the little hard candies with the strawberry wrappers, but we settled on the strawberry frooties.  The girls LOVED getting candy.  We opened presents while the girls ate the candy. 
We headed indoors for some Musical Strawberries.   The boys were good sports and were willing to get out first so the girls could have more chances.  Next we settled down and read a Strawberry Shortcake book and did a little dance.  Then we relaxed a little bit more and watched a Strawberry movie until the parents came. 
 
These are the cute bags I sewed for the girls.  I had been wanting a project for a long time so this was a lot of fun for me.  Overall it was a fun party.  Annabelle was spoiled and felt special all evening.  She was exhausted and definitely ready for bed when all the girls had gone.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Emily - it is ALL beautiful!!!!!! Your strawberry drawing is awesome and so are the bags! Annabelle - happy birthday. I forgot to call today - but will try to remember after school tomorrow so you can tell me all about it! love Nana

Tara Ann said...

Emily- you are so amazing! I wish I lived near you so that we could do crafty projects together. I'm so excited for my little girl so that I can do cute things for her. I love you so much big sister. You are such an inspiration to me!!