When I wrote this card I had no idea what we would actually do, but we did end up getting to do a service project. The kids wrote letters to servicemen and helped clean the toys in the nursery at our church. I tied quilts and Greg helped clean up a road near our home. 8am was a little earlier in the morning than we have been used to this summer, but we better start getting ready to do it over and over again (10 days!!). Since it was so early, again no pictures but later in the day we had a fabulous new babysitter that put up with my crazy crying Callie for a couple hours. Bless her heart. She tried to clean things up in our house before Callie woke up from her nap and she accidentally put dish soap in the dishwasher. Luckily she was gone before it overflowed so she doesn't know it happened. We saw her parents at a BBQ tonight and told them but also told them not to embarrass her with it. Callie and I had some fun in the bubbles before Greg shop-vaced it out.
I remember doing the same thing when I was about her age, at my own house though. I remember being so worried about what my mom would think since I didn't exactly know what I had done wrong. I just remembered the rest of the story. The whole story is that I was trying to clean the house for my 14th birthday. I was baby-sitting and my 4 year old brother was playing with the phone when I noticed the soap spilling out of the dishwasher and all over the floor. I yelled at him, "Jake, get off the phone it is all over the floor! Hurray!" A couple minutes later the phone rings and a police officer asks if everything was okay. Apparently her had heard me yelling about something all over the floor and assuming it was blood had sent an officer over to the house. He was not happy when I told him what really happened. I got a little lecture about making sure my brother doesn't play with the phone anymore. I felt REALLY stupid then.
2 comments:
I still love that story. Good for you not to make a big thing of it...I remember we all got a laugh out of it - it was an easy way to mop the floor! :o) Love mom
I totally remember that!!! I think I even drew a little story book about it in school. What fun times we had growing up.
Post a Comment