Time really does fly. Our cruise has been planned since May and it finally came time to pack up and go. We have now been home a few days and I feel like I have been in super speed mode. So many things to clean up from our trip and then trying to get everything ready for the holidays. The cruise definitely gave me an energy boost and I feel like I am getting more done in a day than I used to.
My kids are fabulous travelers. We didn't even turn on a movie until we had driven 5 hours. We stopped only once going to CA and 2 times coming home (Daddy needed the second potty break, the kids could have made it home). We spent a day and half with my family and then Greg and I headed to Los Angeles.
Where do I begin with the cruise? It was amazing, fantastic, just what we needed, romantic, exciting, just all around fabulous! Greg and I will definitely go on another cruise. We took tons of pictures, but here is a sampling:
Boarding the Sapphire Princess. 18 floors (17 since there is no #13). We were on level 12 with a balcony. So lovely!
The food was amazing!! Lobster, escargot, mussels, prime rib, salmon, pheasant, pastas, sushi, etc. We really couldn't get enough of it. We had dinner at the same time and with the same people every night. There were three ladies from LA and South Carolina and a couple from Yorkshire, England. We had wonderful conversations every night, and tears on the last night from one. We couldn't have asked for a better table.
Our first stop was Ensenada Mexico. This was changed due to problems in Mexico, but we made the most of it. We went to La Bufadora (a blowhole).
We spent two days in Cabo San Lucas. The first day we did a rappelling and zip line course. It was really cool and not as scary as I had thought. Then the next day we rode horses at the beach. It was beautiful and we even saw whales.
The last day was REALLY windy and since we were at sea Greg and I did a lot of exploring of the ship. And just revelling in being together without kids. That was such a great part of the cruise. There were so many things to do and places to see and we could do as much or as little as we wanted, at our own leisure. I drank a TON of pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris. We tried some other drinks, but these were our favorites. We swam, read, exercised a little, got a couples massage and so much more. For entertainment they had musical shows, comedians, dance classes, game shows, trivia shows, a cooking show, karaoke (Greg sang Amazed and was amazing) and movies. I was exhausted some nights. One day we took a nap with the door to our balcony open and it was so relaxing to hear the ocean outside. All in all it was a perfect celebration of being married 10 years to my fabulous husband. Everyone needs the chance to get away and be COMPLETELY spoiled for a week.





4 comments:
That looks like it was amazing, you've inspired me. I can't believe it's been 10 years, how did we get so OLD?
So fun!! Your trip looks AMAZING!
So glad you guys were able to get away for a bit. I would love to go on a cruise someday!
Looks amazing! Congrats on 10 years!
(Your RSS feed stopped updating in my reader. Did you make your blog private?)
Post a Comment