Decorating the Christmas tree is one of the most exciting days of the year. Having just come home from a big trip it required a lot of work on my part. I had to get everything from the trip packed and cleaned up to make room for the Christmas boxes. The kids love seeing the books, movies and decor that we have year after year. I have become really relaxed about the decorating of the tree. The kids hang up the ornaments and I don't move a thing. I try to remind them not to put them all in the same spot, but I don't really mind. In my mind, it is their tree. It is all for THEM. They love where they put their ornaments and I don't really care so I don't want to make it a battle. That being said, Callie is a stinker this year. She keeps pulling off ornaments and losing the hooks and wanting to hold all of Annabelle's Hello Kitty ones. Oh well, it all comes with the age. We managed to get all our decor up really fast and Greg even hung the lights in the freezing cold. Christmas may feel different being a parent, but I still love the season and all that goes with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment