Monday, December 26, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas

 This year the kids had a whole week off of school before Christmas.  I was a little worried, but it was a lot of fun.  They played with Callie a lot which gave me some down time that I don't usually have in the morning.  I also decided that this was the week I was going back to the gym in the early morning hours.  While it made me a but more tired (since I was so out of shape), I loved being up before the kids and reading my scriptures and showering before anyone was up.   I am hoping to just tone my 31 year old, mother of 4 children body I have. 
Greg made this cool Christmas tree cookie tower with gingersnap cookies.  It was yummy!  I loved how Greg made the dough, Greg made the cookies, and Greg made the tower.  He even had the great idea to sprinkle powder sugar over the top with the sifter (as close as we got to snow this Christmas season!).
 The boys had a Christmas piano recital.  I am amazed at how well these boy play.  They are getting SO good!  Ryan played "O Come All Ye Faithful" and "Winter Wonderland".  Whenever Ryan heard these songs on the radio he would sing along.  Nathan played a cool version of "Jingle Bells" and "Holly Jolly Christmas".  I really can't get over how well these handsome boys can play.  I don't think I ever was able to play was well as Nathan and I took for 5+ years!
 
 Every year we make gingerbread house-making easier and easier.  We have made our own and we have bought kits to put together.  This year we bought a kit and the house was completely made inside the box!  It even had grooves in the gingerbread to show you where to put your windows and doors.  While it stifled much creativity, we had a lot of fun decorating and sneaking candy. 
 Daddy did a great job with the icicles.  Check out the long ones by the door.



1 comment:

Tracy said...

OK boys- call Nana and Grumpy and play your piano songs for us!!!
the yummy creations look great! We tried some but I made the frosting too runny for the houses to stand. :o(
Happy New Yer! love Nana