Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Seeing Stripes

 A month ago I bought some fun fabric to make the girl's quilts, thinking that I would make them and then start on the room.  But I sold Callie's crib one Friday and then things got crazy and their room is now painted and done besides some odds and ends to hang on the walls.  I decided to do stripes, thinking that it wouldn't be that hard.  It was hard.  I was almost in tears and ready to call a professional.  I will never do stripes again, but I love how it turned out and so I will say it was worth it.
Bye-Bye purple!  Annabelle was really sad to see the purple go. 

Pretty and Pink!  I was a little nervous with how dark the pink turned out.  But I love how it turned out.
 Stripe Lines.  This was a really hard part.  I tried using a laser but both Greg and I struggled with it.  Luckily a neighbor ran over with a chalk line tool and Greg and I were able to make the lines very quick and they look so straight.  
All Taped Up!  We used frog tape and it was great!  I learned that you shouldn't put your tape on the chalk like though.  The chalk brushed away before, but after being under the tape it didn't.  Oh well, live and learn!
I wish I would have taken a picture in between these two steps.  I first painted the light pink over the tape so that it would seal the tape better and not let the darker pink under.  It was a great idea and I am glad I did it.  Then another great picture would have been the dark pink on, with the tape.  I was SO nervous to take the tape off.  I really didn't know what to expect.  In my mind it looked good, but after a lot of hard work I was worried.  When I pulled the tape off I was SO happy.  I think it looks GREAT!
 We got the bunk bed and the girls love it!  Callie sleeps fabulous in it and I am so relieved!  I am working on the bedding and hope to have it finished in the next couple weeks.  I got the curtains at Target.  I was thinking about making some, but these go with the bedding so I was happy to not have to worry about sewing more.
 We found this cute old dresser on KSL and I love the way it looks.  I plan on putting two magnet boards over their dresser.  That way they each have somewhere to display all their work.  Before Annabelle would find a pin and put her artwork on her wall.  
I love the way the room turned out and am excited to finish it this summer.

4 comments:

Webster Family said...

turned out great! so happy for you!

Marie said...

Fun!! I have been through the same thing- re-doing the girls room, getting rid of the crib etc... I agree with the stripes, they are hard! We did just one and it was a bit stressful! Yours looks great!

Christina said...

What a huge undertaking! Way to see it through!

Tracy said...

WOW! painting the tape first was a great idea - we did stripes once...what a mess - very innovative! love mom and dad