Saturday, September 1, 2012

Archery

 Ryan went to a VERY fun birthday party today.  Why?  Because they made bows and arrows.  Well, they got arrows, real ones.  Real enough that when you shoot them at a cardboard box, sometimes they go straight through.  Ryan has LOVED this today.  He kept asking to go outside (with one of us) and shoot his arrow.  Greg said that once as he walked to the box he said, "When I hit the target I feel so cool walking to get the arrow."  He looks pretty cool with his bow on his shoulder.  He hit a couple arrows closer than the one he is pointing to, but I didn't go back out and take another picture.  When I asked Ryan if he is going to go hunting someday he at first thought that could be really fun, and then he said, "I don't want to shoot animals, though."  Yeah, I didn't think my tender-hearted Ryan would be a hunter.  I told him that when I was a teenager and went to girls' camp I got to do archery and was even in the bulls-eye club.  He wanted to see my skills.  Apparently I left them at camp, 18 years ago since my arrow didn't even make it to the target.  Thanks Spencer for having such a fun party (and his parents for being brave enough to do archery with a bunch of young boys)!
 

3 comments:

Tracy said...

WOW - so cool Ryan!

Mikelle said...

So glad to see the boys having fun with them!!

Courtney said...

Dan would be so proud... looks like they had fun!!