Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cooking

 One of my most favorite parts of cooking is when I can take a recipe and adjust it according to what I have and what I know my family will eat.  This recipe was on my "to try" list and when I realized that I had everything I needed to make it work and didn't need to run to the store I decided to try it and we LOVED it. 
The recipe called for 2 cups of grape tomatoes but since I have a bunch of small tomatoes, but not as small as grape ones, I decided that it didn't matter.  They still tasted fabulous and the kids don't love cooked tomatoes much anyway so Greg and I were able to eat them all.
 
 Surprisingly my herbs have taken off.  I have thyme, parsley (this one flowered and so there isn't much usable parsley left), basil and rosemary (not as much as I'd like, but it is there and I have used it). 
 The recipe also called for only zucchini but since my zucchini plant isn't producing that wonderfully, I used both zucchini and crook neck squash.  Again, it tasted great and it even added more color to the meal.
Greg and I talk about our eating habits a lot.  We love the way we are about food.  We are ALWAYS trying new food and going to new restaurants.  We really don't like to eat at the same place over and over.  Our kids are great at trying new things.  Annabelle even ate a few of Greg's homemade sushi tonight and the kids all loved the coconut/macadamia nut encrusted shrimp.  We just love food over here and I can't imagine doing it any other way.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I want that pasta recipe - looks yummy!