Monday, November 26, 2012

Decorating the Tree

 As soon as Thanksgiving Day is in the past my children are ready to start decorating for Christmas.  They love this time of year and I love getting in the spirit and getting ready for all the funtivities that happen.  The last many years we have had a fake tree and I have disliked it VERY much.  It was too small and fake and scrawny and fake.  I sold it last year and was SO excited to get a real tree.  I had heard great things about Costco's trees so we thought the $45 was worth a try.  I LOVE our tree.  It was all bundled up when I bought it, but we were all very pleasantly surprised when we opened it.  Our only complaint is that the trunk was a wee too wide for the holder, but Greg worked throught that, physically:).  I am not sure what the future hold for us and fake versus real trees, but this year I love the small and the size of our gorgeous tree. 
The kids were really excited to decorate the tree.  They love looking at their ornaments, year after year.  Looking at the ones they have had since they were babies and then the ones they got just the year before.  Both my parents and Greg's mom give the kids new ornaments for Christmas and so they are always excited to see ones from just the year before.  I love watching them.  It reminds me of my Christmases as a child.  I still have many of my ornaments from my childhood and while I don't hang them up due to the amount the kids have, I do take a peek at them every year.  I tried to take a cute picture of Greg and I but he kept making goofy faces.  That is one of the many reasons I love that man!






3 comments:

Tracy said...

I am bringing more! can't wait! love mom

Whitney said...

Looks beautiful! I can almost smell it just looking at your pictures.

Marie said...

I like your tree- love the fatness of it!