Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

 Thanksgiving this year was smaller than I can ever remember.  That isn't a bad thing, just stating a fact.  We had 16 people and went to a church building so we could run around.  We found out right before dinner that other people also reserved the church so for the most part we couldn't let the kids run crazy in the gym like we had wanted to.  Oh well.  My four and 2 other cousins were the only kids so it wasn't that bad thanks to primary and nursery rooms.  The kids and I made little cornucopias with ice cream cones and M&Ms.  We then tied a name to each one so people knew where to sit.  I remember making name plates for big dinners at my Grandma's house.  I originally had Annabelle place them all around but then I had to go back and put spouses next to each other.  We actually had Thanksgiving lunch and it was fabulous!  I love all those trimmings and the turkey and the pies...YUM!  I look forward to making a turkey dinner when my parents come out so I can do everything my way.  We played a rousing game of "Samurai" that Grandpa taught us, so great PIG games when the gym became available and some other board games while the kids played.  Jeff and Bri came over and we played Munchkin with the boys and then watched "The Hunger Games" when the kids were in bed.  It was a long day but lots of fun hanging with family.


No comments: