Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Super Achiever

 Nathan also had a special night.  He has completed all 20 of the activity badges in Webelos and earned the Super Achiever Award.  This may not seem too special, but it is quite the accomplishment.  In den meetings they earn maybe 12 all year.  So, on his own, with me, and with the help of camps, he finished the other 8!  When he first became a Webelos and I told him that there was a chance he could earn all 20, and that no other scout in our ward had, Nathan jumped on the idea.  That is the kind of kid he is.  Give him a goal and he goes for it full force.  Austin decided he wanted to be cool like Nathan and so he started working on extra ones as well.  They both don't turn 11 until February, but they have exhausted their Webelos book.  I can't believe Nathan is almost a boy scout.  I know NOTHING about boy scouts.  Luckily I know he has some great leaders, and a dad who know about scouts, that will help him through.


2 comments:

Amy Jones said...

That's so awesome, Emily. And congratulations, Nathan.

Tracy said...

Sounds like both boys will keep each other motivated - good job!!