Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Double Birthday Party

 I was so happy when the boys decided to have a joint birthday party again.  It makes my life so much simpler.  Then they also wanted it at the roller rink which makes my life even more simple.  I do love throwing a good themed party, but it was nice to have some one else take care of everything this time.  We had 10 boys total and we started out our house where we had pizza and opened presents.  I didn't like the pizza at the roller rink and didn't want the present mess or play time missed at the fun center.  We were all able to fit into our two cars (the girls went to a friend's house and it was SO nice not worrying about them). 
 Part of the package comes with the birthday kid being in the ticket box and spinning the big wheel.  At first the boys wanted to do it separately but I didn't want to pay the extra money and I am so glad I didn't.  They had SO much fun doing it together.  The big wheel has a bunch of cheap light up toys but my boys landed on the one spot where they won $10! 
 The ticket box was hilarious.  They both tucked their shirts in and just shoved all the flying tickets into them.  They got 80 but it was priceless to watch.
 Even though we didn't have a big theme party, I decided to have a little fun with the cake.  I tried to get a picture of the two boys with this but they were not cooperating. I think it looks pretty good.
 Without the girls around Greg and I were able to couple skate a bunch and chat and hang out.  Greg always like to take goofy pictures.  Always.  I shouldn't wonder where his kids' get it.  The best part about the party was that we dropped off the boys and the house was relatively clean when we got home.  Happy Birthday to my 2 favorite boys!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a fun day! I love it that Greg participates in your parties - great dad! Beautiful cake! Happy birthday to my wonderful grandsons!! Love Nana