Monday, December 29, 2014
The 12 Days of Christmas
This has been a really hard last 2 months. There have been a lot of life-changing and difficult things for our family to deal with. I am pretty sure I jinxed myself when I recently mentioned to someone that my life was pretty simple and I wondered when my challenges were going to hit. Well, hit they did! Some more private than public, but through them all I have had an incredible support system of family and friends. I feel so blessed to have so many people around me that care about my well-being and my family's. There have been some really hard days and if it wasn't for service rendered, phone calls made, or texts or emails received, I wouldn't have made it through the day as easily as normal. On the 13th of December we received a neighbor gift, including a shepherd and a quote about how Jesus Christ is our shepherd. I thought it was a sort of weird gift. A nice shepherd, but just a shepherd. I even told Greg I was going to donate it to DI after the Christmas season. The next day we got another yummy treat and a lamb. I thought it could maybe be a coincidence, but maybe not. The next day we found the creche on our doorstep along with a quote about how we need to have a sure foundation for our family. And each day after we received a piece of the nativity. They are beautiful pieces. Large pieces. We had them on our counter for awhile and then moved them to the piano. We felt so loved and so special. I have wanted a nice nativity for some time, but just hadn't spent the time and energy to find one. This one is perfect. On the bottom of each piece is written the name of the family who gave it to us. I will treasure this gift forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment