Monday, February 16, 2015

FIRE!

  I had a bit of a fire last week.  The biggest fire I ever saw right in front of my face.  I thought sure my cabinets were going to catch on fire.  They are blistered, as is the microwave.  When I noticed the smoke starting I had the kids run upstairs to open the windows.  When the flames went crazy high I yelled for everyone to run outside.  The house was REALLY smoky but luckily it was a warm night and we were able to have the house all the way open for an hour.  The good news is that after everything calmed down the oil was still hot enough for me to cook the rice noodles and our lettuce wraps were delicious!  Greg and I were able to clean the microwave for the most part, but since it has issues we will just let it be discolored and wait until it dies all the way before replacing it.


No comments: