Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Happy #11 Ryan!!

 
 Double ones!! This boy is growing up and such a sweetheart!   i am always so proud of this young man and look forward to seeing that big grin every chance I can take. For his birthday he was very understanding when it came to his gifts-all of his scout stuff and the quilt that he knew I had been making for him. 
Over a year ago we were at the Christmas Tree Festival and we were admiring all the beautifully made quilts.  Ryan asked me if I would make a quilt for the following year.  When I told him that I couldn't make one as professional he assured me that i could and then challenged me to make one.  I thought about that challenge many times over the years, but never tried to complete it.  Around November I pulled out all of my old scraps and started cutting.  I cut hundreds of long strips of many different colors of fabric.  The entire top of the quilt is made of scraps.  Ryan saw the top completed but never saw the completed project.  When he asked me about displaying it at the Festival I assured him again that it wasn't up to snuff and that we would never see it again.  He liked the idea of keeping it and anxiously encouraged me to complete it.
Even though he knew that he was getting the quilt, he LOVED it!  He wraps himself in it every day after school and at bedtime.  I love seeing him happy with it.


 Callie and I took Wendy's to Ryan for lunch.  We had so much fun eating and playing together.  Callie loved being there with Ryan and his friends and didn't want to leave.  It was so cute to watch the two of them playing and running around together.
 
Dinner was ravioli and bread sticks.  Nice and easy.  Breakfast was also easy, egg sandwiches:)
 Ryan wanted to try waffleluv for his birthday treat.  He hadn't tried it before but was anxious to see if I was telling the truth about how wonderful they are.  Ryan got his own and the rest of us shared 2 others.  Everyone agreed with me at their deliciousness and at the same time agreed that half was plenty:)
 

No comments: