I officially have a teenager. Nathan has been acting the age for awhile now, in many ways. He in anxious for getting contacts but I still think he is handsome with glasses. He is a hard kid to get to smile for pictures (candid ones at least). But I love the laughter and the goofiness.
First he did bunny ears, then stood on his tiptoes so that we looked more than same height and finally crossed his eyes. What a goofball.
Nathan didn't want me to take him out of school for lunch but he was happy with my idea of bringing pizza and soda to the school to share. The slices were pretty big and I wish that I had cut them smaller since as soon as the kids showed up they swarmed. Nathan was able to work it such that if someone got pizza they didn't get soda and vice versa. I loved being at the school and seeing Nathan in his element. Seeing so many kids come over and say Hi and Happy Birthday. I love it! I even got to go in the office with some of his friends and say "Happy Birthday" over the loudspeaker.
For dinner we had Nathan's favorite dish, "Yummy Yummy Smell Smell Yummy Yummy MMMM." Translated it is a chicken rice casserole. Then he had molten lava cakes for dessert. Most of the kids thought they were too rich, but I thought they were perfect.
Nathan is an amazing person. He is hardworking, creative, and very loyal. He is the secretary in his deacon's quorum, on the peer leadership team at school and studies computer programming after school. He started orchestra this year with my old violin and surprisingly enjoys it. He is a Star scout and close to attaining the Life rank. I am so impressed with this young man and am so thankful that he is my son.









No comments:
Post a Comment