Friday, March 18, 2016

Overload of Craziness

I went a whole week without an oven.  We had the stove top and crockpot dinners.  It wasn't too hard, just no baking (which is probably a good thing).  I love my new oven.  It is pretty and clean and I love the 2 ovens and the ceramic top.  Now I just need all my other appliances to break. 
 We went to Tooele for Jacob's baptism.  I love Greg's family and wish mine was only an hour away.
 Nathan and his friends were the only guy group out of 7 teams for Battle of the Books.  They took 3rd place (and were very upset about it) but I was so proud of their hard work and dedication.
 My friend gave me a great idea for Family Home Evening that I also used with my Probitas group.  The game was to see who could squeeze out all the toothpaste first.  Once they were all done I said they now had to put it all back in the tube.  The analogy goes that the words we say to others come out quickly and can be mean sometimes, but you can't take them away. 
 Ryan was the only one who tried to put it back in, without success.
 Greg celebrated his birthday this last week and while he kept telling me he didn't want any fanfare, I tried to do a few special things for him.  I met him at work and went out to Tsunami with a bunch of his coworkers.  Kind of awkward but the food was delicious and I added some new topics to the lunch table. I also planned an outing with a bunch of his siblings and we all went to Settebello in Salt Lake City.  The pizza was delicious and we even got gelato next door.  I am very excited to eat Italian this summer in Italy.  The next gift is tomorrow night, a date to Eskaped with Kevin and Whitney (old mission and college friends).  I think next year I need to throw a big party.
 
 I love March 14! Pi day is a fabulous day and I thoroughly enjoyed making pie and smelling pie, and then eating pie.
 I took the boys to the BYU Powwow and had a nice day outside enjoying the sunshine and taking notes on a book about being imperfect.  We went to the Cannon Center before leaving and I hadn't been there in YEARS.  The food was fabulous and I ate plenty like usual.  I enjoy hanging out with the boys and walking around my alma matter.
 


 National Pancake day was one day last week and I had some extra time so I made pancake muffins.  They were a huge hit and all 70+ of them were gone in two days.
 Callie is a very friendly girl.  She always wants a friend over and i love watching and listening to her play.  I am so thankful to live in a neighborhood filled with children.


 Some random Sunday pictures with my two favorite girls.





No comments: