Friday, March 25, 2016

St. Patrick's Day

 I barely finished this little table runner in time for the "big" day.  It was fun to try something new and my machine had just been serviced so it worked beautifully.  The girls are the only ones who get in to this holiday any more.  they were covered in green and had fun making leprechaun traps and leaving notes with expectations of receiving one back.



 We started the day out with green muffins and luckily we had some kiwi. 
 The leprechauns, Tilly and Trixie, got away but they did leave a little note for each girl.
 
 I made some yummy pistachio pudding cookies for after school snack.  I loved the sweet and salt combination.

 For dinner we had green sodas and our traditional Corned beef and cabbage.  I think we also had a track meet and other busy things going on that day so the bread burned (but I turned into french toast casserole which was amazing so it was worth it).  Holidays are getting harder, but I try to make sure I meet the basic desires of my kids and I am good.

No comments: