My worse fear (okay not my worst) was realized as I was sent home from the hospital tonight. For two hours at home I was having contractions about 5 minutes apart. I called my OB who said to go to the hospital. We got the kids a place to stay and got everything ready and headed over. I was in the triage room for over an hour answering questions and being monitored. Unfortunately even though the contractions started coming 3 minutes apart I didn't dilate any more and so they sent me home. I was thoroughly frustrated and disappointed. But what could I do? So now I am home, having stronger but less frequent contractions and praying that my water will break so they can't turn me away. I guess I will just wait until I am in A LOT more pain before heading back there. Oh well.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
False Alarm
My worse fear (okay not my worst) was realized as I was sent home from the hospital tonight. For two hours at home I was having contractions about 5 minutes apart. I called my OB who said to go to the hospital. We got the kids a place to stay and got everything ready and headed over. I was in the triage room for over an hour answering questions and being monitored. Unfortunately even though the contractions started coming 3 minutes apart I didn't dilate any more and so they sent me home. I was thoroughly frustrated and disappointed. But what could I do? So now I am home, having stronger but less frequent contractions and praying that my water will break so they can't turn me away. I guess I will just wait until I am in A LOT more pain before heading back there. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Sooooooooooo sorry, Em! Your kids were so great. Ate well. Played well. They were happy!
BUT you look great! What a cute outfit you have one! :) Love ya...Keep us posted!
Sad! How disappointing for you. Think of it this way...one more night of good rest.
Oh man. :(
sooooo lame!
Darn!! That stinks. Next time for sure, right?
Not fun. But it's good you went just to be sure.
Maybe you are having your baby today!
However it goes...it's soon! But every hour is so hard when you're at the end.
That REALLY stinks. Funny thing, I was going to comment on the cute outfit as well. :) Good luck!
oh, I hate that!!!
Post a Comment