Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 6: Picnic at the Park

 
 
Almost every Wednesday we have gone to a park in or near our city.  So I thought we would be able to cross this off our list officially today.  BUT, after an hour long dentist appointment where I could hear my kids in the front room (not fighting thank goodness, they are just loud), and after another hour and a half going to a few stores to find clothes for the new school year, I decided enough was enough and we just went home for the day.  I figure that today we can say that we celebrated by buying new school clothes.  I don't even buy that much, but man it gets pricey.  I was planning to only buy three shirts each, some shoes and a pair of pants each.  Well, three turned into 5, but they are all happy and excited for their new clothes.  I remember feeling the same way so I was happy to give that joy to them as well.

2 comments:

Tara Ann said...

Seeing all of that clothes makes me sooo happy for school uniforms! I tell you my life is so easy on school mornings...he has socks, shoes, pants/shorts, shirt/jacket all mandatory uniform that he has to wear. I don't know if it is much cheaper, but it's nice to not have to worry about Ethan choosing an outfit every morning.

Tracy said...

I do NOT remember shopping for 6 fondly, but I can laugh about it now! My favorites:
boys (love those button down shirts)
Ryan - Pokeman
Nathan - spiderman
Annabelle - butterful
Mom - Great job!!
love Nana