I thought for sure that we would come home from California to snow. I expected it, so when it wasn't there, I was a little disappointed. I guess I have come to put Christmastime and snow together. Oh well, I won't complain too much because I do hate driving in it and I hate the mess that playing out in the snow brings into my house.
I heard of this great idea from a friend about having an indoor snowball fight. I remember doing that with socks when I was young, but I decided to look around. I found the cutest balls at orientaltrading.com The kids and I have had a blast with them. Even Callie will try to throw them at us, even though they usually land behind her.
Another fun activity that my and kids and I love to do every winter is make snowflakes. We have learned how to fold them the right way and which side to cut to make the snowflake have points. The activity is messy, but little pieces of paper are easy to sweep and the kids love their masterpieces and are so proud of the ones that they made. As of right now they each have their "own window" that they hang stuff on. I am not sure what we will do when Callie starts making things, but we will just face that when it comes.
While throwing the balls around and making snowflakes I got to thinking about being a mom and how lucky I am to be able to stay at home with the kids. On our cruise during one of the excursions a group of about 8 went around and said what we did for a living. When it came to me I proudly said that I stayed at home with my kids. After a tiny pause, someone said, "That is the hardest job there is." I agreed. It is hard. Annabelle has had a stomach bug for awhile and it isn't fun to deal with. Or it isn't fun to cancel plans with my friends since she isn't at school like she was supposed to be. BUT, what other job gives you the chance to watch little ones learn and grow on a daily basis. Gives you the chance to help children with school problems and life problems every moment of the day. Where else can you be completely adored than from little children that look to you for every bit of information and every bit of love you can offer. My children love my time, and while it is hard to give sometimes, I am so thankful I can give them as much time as I can. I am so grateful that I can make snowflakes and have snowball fights all day long with four of the cutest and greatest kids in the world.
2 comments:
Well put! love mom
I need to make snow flakes with my kids. Thanks for the idea. Your snowballs look like a blast!
Post a Comment