For years, I am not joking, Ryan has been asking to do karate. When he was younger and more crazy I knew that karate wouldn't be good for him. But at 10 years old, with him still asking about it, we decided it was time to let him try it out. AS you can see, he was VERY excited! He went to his first class last night and really enjoyed it. I stayed and watched this first time and I enjoyed seeing what the class will do for him. He has a good friend in the class and the while I thought they were a little goofy the instructor told me he would rather have them excited to be there then not. He also got some books, a new mitt, Rollerblade wheels, and he gets to go with Nathan to the Space Camp on Saturday. Lucky kiddo!
For lunch I took Ryan out of school and we went to Arctic Circle. My boys can definitely eat and while the adult combo meals cost more, they can devour them showing me that they have definitely outgrown the kid meal. While Ryan was at school I made his cupcakes and meatballs so that I would be able to make sure he had a fun day even though I had girl scouts. While I am glad I got it all done, Ryan was off with friends all afternoon so the girl scouts didn't even bother him. We of course had my "famous meatballs" for dinner. Ryan's all time favorite. With rice and broccoli on the side he couldn't have been happier.
Ryan had a great parent-teacher conference as well. He is very smart according to all the standardized tests and his teacher. She asked why I wasn't putting him in accelerated classes and I told her it was because I want him to continue to feel smart. I don't want him to be average in a class of smart people. Ryan also loves his friends and it would be hard for him to part with them. And big reason for Ryan is that he doesn't love work and with the ALL program there is A LOT more work. But Ryan was very happy when I told him what his teacher said and I am so proud of all his hard work and effort at school and with outside activities.





1 comment:
Ryan - you are so creative! have a great birthday and continue to be unique and fun! love Nana
Post a Comment