Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Track and Indoor Soccer

 Ryan loves soccer and during the winter he, and all of us, got a little lazy and couch potato-ish.  When I saw the email about track starting I knew this would be a perfect fit for Ryan and his desire to always get better at soccer.  My father and grandfather were track stars, my grandpa even taught it. We told Ryan it wasn't really an option and he seemed okay with that. When he didn't go the first day I had him get in the car and I drove him back.  I felt a little bad, but I knew I made the right decision. After the first week Ryan was coming home energized and there was a glow about him.  I didn't want to push for his response but I didn't have to wait to long to hear what I knew was happening.  It has been a few weeks and I've heard things like, "I love track!"  "I felt so blah and now I feel great."  "I'm really glad I am doing track."  And even, "I don't want to miss track today."




   
 

 I love these pictures from one of his meets at American Fork High School.  What an amazing view I was able to have during the meet.  I love that I was able to catch Ryan running right below the touchdown temple.  Ryan has a meet today and I have Girl Scouts so I am really sad I won't be able to go.
 Indoor soccer in Lehi is just a month long.  It is so fun watching Ryan play.  He is such a team player, always passing and always cheering his team-mates on.  When Ryan is goalie it's a little boring, but I love watching him on the court. I love his hair when he is all sweaty and he stands it up. Some day my boys will care about their hair, hopefully:)



No comments: